Delivering Health Care in America, Enhanced Sixth Edition Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access, is the most current and comprehensive overview of the basic structures and operations of the U.S. health system–from its historical origins and resources, to its individual services, cost, and quality. Using a unique “systems” approach, the text brings together an extraordinary breadth of information into a highly accessible, easy-to-read resource that clarifies the complexities of health care organization and finance while presenting a solid overview of how the various components fit together.
While the book maintains its basic structure and layout, the Sixth Edition is nonetheless the most substantive revision ever of this unique text.
Because of its far-reaching scope, different aspects of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are woven throughout all 14 chapters. The reader will find a gradual unfolding of this complex and cumbersome law so it can be slowly digested. Additionally, as U.S. health care can no longer remain isolated from globalization, the authors have added new global perspectives, which the readers will encounter in several chapters.
– Comprehensive coverage of the ACA and its impact on each aspect of the U.S. health care system woven throughout the book
– New “ACA Takeaway” section in each chapter as well as a new Topical Reference Guide to the ACA at the front of the book
– Updated tables and figures, current research findings, data from the 2010 census, updates on Healthy People 2020, and more
– Detailed coverage of the U.S. health care system in straightforward, reader-friendly language that is appropriate for graduate and undergraduate courses alike
- Delivering Health Care In America A Systems Approach